Precautions and Warnings With Zolmitriptan
There are several precautions and warnings with zolmitriptan to be aware of, including possible drug interactions, the risk of an increase in blood pressure in some people who take zolmitriptan, and the safety of taking this drug while pregnant or nursing. Prior to taking zolmitriptan, make sure to talk with your healthcare provider if you have any heart problems, certain blood vessel conditions, or high blood pressure, among other conditions. Also tell your healthcare provider about all of the drugs you currently take.
Interested in a Discount on Zolmitriptan?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
- Heart problems of any kind, especially a history of heart disease, angina, an irregular heart rhythm (including Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome), or a history of a heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Certain blood vessel conditions, such as peripheral vascular disease, ischemic bowel disease, or Raynaud's phenomenon
- A history of a stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or other bleeding in the brain (such as a subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Have gone through menopause.
You should also tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.