Interested in a Discount on Tolcapone?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking tolcapone if you have:
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Tasmar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Tasmar and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Tolcapone to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
The dose of tolcapone your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to tolcapone (especially if you develop dangerous side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Tolcapone Dosage for more information.)