Generic versions of sumatriptan are currently available in six strengths; they come in the form of tablets, nasal spray, or an injection. A number of manufacturers produce generic sumatriptan, including Sandoz, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories.
Generic Sumatriptan: An OverviewSumatriptan succinate (Alsuma™, Imitrex®, Sumavel®, Zecuity™) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat migraine headaches.
Imitrex is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline, while Sumavel is made by Patheon UK, Limited for Zogenix, Inc. Generic versions of Imitrex tablets and injection are currently available. Generic Imitrex nasal spray is not yet available, and it is not clear when a generic version may be available. Generic versions of Sumavel needle-free injection or Alsuma injection are not available at this time (see Generic Sumavel and Generic Alsuma for more information).
- Sumatriptan succinate 25 mg tablets
- Sumatriptan succinate 50 mg tablets
- Sumatriptan succinate 100 mg tablets
- Sumatriptan succinate 6 mg per 0.5 mL injection
- Sumatriptan nasal spray 5 mg
- Sumatriptan nasal spray 20 mg.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories.
- Ranbaxy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
- Wockhardt USA.