Side Effects of Rasagiline
Runny or stuffy nose, headaches, and indigestion are common side effects that have been reported with rasagiline. Side effects of the medication are typically bothersome in most cases, but some can be quite serious or intolerable. Rare but potentially serious side effects of rasagiline that require immediate medical attention include hallucinations, signs of dangerously high blood pressure, and balance problems or falling.
Interested in a Discount on Rasagiline?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with rasagiline mesylate (Azilect®). However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. While many side effects of rasagiline are merely bothersome, some can be quite serious.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with rasagiline. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of rasagiline side effects with you.)
Some side effects with rasagiline are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. Although most of these serious side effects are rare, a few may be common. These serious side effects include but are not limited to:
- Balance problems or falling
- Signs of dangerously high blood pressure (called a hypertensive crisis), such as:
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations)
- Sore or stiff neck
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sweating, with a high fever (or sometimes with cold, clammy skin)
- Sensitivity to light
- Rapid heart rate (tachycardia) or low heart rate (bradycardia)
- Chest pain or throat tightness
- Dilated (wide open) pupils
- Signs of low blood pressure (hypotension), such as:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.