Side Effects of Rasagiline
Common Side Effects of Rasagiline
In clinical studies, common side effects of rasagiline included:
- Headaches -- in up to 14 percent of people
- Joint pain -- up to 7 percent
- Indigestion or heartburn -- up to 7 percent
- Flu symptoms (such as fever, chills, or muscle aches) -- up to 5 percent
- "Pink eye" (conjunctivitis) -- up to 3 percent
- Fever -- up to 3 percent
- Runny or stuffy nose -- up to 3 percent
- Stomach "flu" (gastroenteritis) -- up to 3 percent.
Other common side effects (occurring 2 percent of people) included:
- A general ill feeling
- Neck pain
- Unusual sensations, such as tingling, burning, or pricking
- A spinning sensation (vertigo).
You may experience some or none of the side effects of rasagiline listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have side effects from a medicine that you have never tried. Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking the drug or if something "just does not seem right." While it may not be a side effect of rasagiline, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.