General considerations for when and how to take Parlodel include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet and capsule form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to three times daily.
- It should be taken with food.
- Make sure to take it at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of medicine in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to Parlodel (especially if you develop side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Parlodel Dosage for more information.)
(Click Parlodel Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects that you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)