Naratriptan Side Effects
Interested in a Discount on Naratriptan?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
There are a number of side effects with naratriptan that you should report to your healthcare provider. These include, but are not limited to:
- Severe chest pain or tightness (see Amerge and Heart Problems)
- Shortness of breath
- Sudden, severe abdominal pain (or stomach pain)
- Bloody diarrhea
- Changes in vision, including loss of vision
- Dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including unexplained skin rashes, itching, hives, wheezing or shortness of breath, and unexplained swelling.
Taking naratriptan with certain antidepressants can increase your risk of a group of dangerous symptoms called serotonin syndrome. Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you have the following symptoms of serotonin syndrome:
- Seeing or hearing things that are not really there (hallucinations)
- A fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
- Muscle spasms
- Difficulty walking
There are other possible naratriptan side effects that can occur. These side effects occurred in 1 percent or less of patients taking naratriptan. In the case of these problems, it is difficult to tell whether they are the result of naratriptan or other factors.
Some of these rare side effects of naratriptan include, but are not limited to: