Nervous System Home > Zolmitriptan
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medicine if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially a history of heart disease, angina, an irregular heart rhythm (including Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome), or a history of a heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Certain blood vessel conditions, such as peripheral vascular disease, ischemic bowel disease, or Raynaud's phenomenon
- A history of a stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or other bleeding in the brain (such as a subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Zomig and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Have gone through menopause.