Nervous System Home > Trihexyphenidyl
- The medication comes in tablet and elixir form. It is taken by mouth, usually three or four times daily.
- Trihexyphenidyl can be taken before or after meals, whichever works best for you. If dry mouth is a problem, try taking your dose before meals. For people with excessive salivation, taking it after meals can be beneficial.
- Make sure to take trihexyphenidyl at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Trihexyphenidyl will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking it suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- The medical condition being treated
- How you respond to trihexyphenidyl (especially if you develop side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.