Nervous System Home > Rizatriptan
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially a history of heart disease, angina, an irregular heart rhythm, or a history of a heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Certain blood vessel conditions, such as peripheral vascular disease, ischemic bowel disease, or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Maxalt and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease
- Have gone through menopause.