Nervous System Home > Oxcarbazepine
- Oxcarbazepine comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth twice a day.
- It can be taken with or without food. If the drug upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- A liquid form (oxcarbazepine suspension) is available for those with difficulty swallowing tablets. Make sure to shake the medication thoroughly before each dose.
- Oxcarbazepine should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Do not stop taking oxcarbazepine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Trileptal Withdrawal).
- Your age and weight
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.