Nervous System Home > Orap Warnings and Precautions
Who Should Not Take Orap?You should not take Orap if you:
- Have simple tics or tics that are related to a condition other than Tourette syndrome.
- Are taking certain medications, such as:
- Amphetamines or amphetamine-like medications, such as:
- CYP 2D6 inhibitor medications
- CYP 3A4 inhibitor medications
- Macrolide antibiotics, such as:
- Have congenital long QT syndrome.
- Have ever had a cardiac arrhythmia (heart rhythm problem).
- Have hypokalemia (low levels of potassium in the blood) or hypomagnesemia (low levels of magnesium in the blood).
- Have severe central nervous system depression or are in a coma.
- Are allergic to Orap, pimozide, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.