Nervous System Home > Nuedexta
Side Effects of NuedextaJust like any medicine, Nuedexta can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well.
Drug InteractionsNuedexta may react with a number of other medications (see Nuedexta Drug Interactions).
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderTalk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Nuedexta if you have:
- Heart failure or coronary artery disease
- A history of an abnormal electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Heart rhythm problems, including QT prolongation or atrioventricular (AV) block
- A family history of heart problems
- High blood pressure, not controlled on medication
- A history of a stroke
- Myasthenia gravis, a condition that affects the muscles and nerves
- Alzheimer's disease
- Difficulty urinating (urinary retention)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Nuedexta and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Nuedexta and Breastfeeding).