Nervous System Home > Naratriptan
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking It?Before taking this product, let your healthcare provider know if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, especially a history of heart disease, angina, an irregular heart rhythm, or a heart attack
- A history of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or other bleeding in the brain (such as a subarachnoid hemorrhage)
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Certain blood vessel conditions, such as peripheral vascular disease, ischemic bowel disease, or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney problems, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Gone through menopause
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Amerge and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding
- Have a family history of heart disease.