Nervous System Home > Mysoline
When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations for when and how to take Mysoline include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth one to three times daily.
- It can be taken with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Mysoline should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the drug in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking Mysoline without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Primidone Withdrawal).
Dosing InformationThe dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
Side Effects of MysolineAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Mysoline. However, not everyone who takes the drug will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Coordination problems
- A spinning sensation (vertigo)