Nervous System Home > Lioresal
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth usually three or four times a day.
- Alternatively, Lioresal can be given through a pump directly into the spinal cord. This method is reserved for severe cases of spasticity.
- You can take your dose with food or on an empty stomach.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same times each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Lioresal your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Lioresal
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.