Nervous System Home > Diazepam Rectal Gel
Diazepam Rectal Gel Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with diazepam rectal gel. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
Diazepam Rectal Gel Drug InteractionsDiazepam rectal gel can potentially interact with a few other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Diazepam Rectal Gel).
Diazepam Rectal Gel: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking diazepam rectal gel if you have:
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Diastat and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Diastat and Breastfeeding).