Nervous System Home > Carbidopa-Levodopa
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?Talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking carbidopa-levodopa if you have:
- Malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer) or any undiagnosed skin lesions
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Any mental illness, including depression
- Heart problems of any kind
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- A history of stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Sinemet and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Sinemet and Breastfeeding).
Dosing Information for Carbidopa-LevodopaThe dose of carbidopa-levodopa your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to carbidopa-levodopa (especially if you develop bothersome side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.