Nervous System Home > Precautions and Warnings With Carbidopa-Levodopa-Entacapone
Make sure you are aware of the precautions and warnings with carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone before starting the medication. You should not take the drug if you have narrow-angle glaucoma, take a non-selective MAOI, or have an undiagnosed skin lesion. Other carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone warnings and precautions include the safety of taking the drug if you are pregnant and the risk of diarrhea, low blood pressure, or hallucinations in some people.
- A bile duct obstruction or gallbladder disease
- Glaucoma (an eye condition)
- Heart problems of any kind
- Malignant melanoma (a type of skin cancer) or any undiagnosed skin lesion
- Any mental illness, including depression
- Lung problems, such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- A history of stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant