Nervous System Home > Carbidopa-Levodopa-Entacapone
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth usually three or four times a day (or however frequently you were taking carbidopa-levodopa).
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone into the body. Some healthcare providers recommended taking the medication on an empty stomach or with a low-protein diet. Officially, the manufacturer states that carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone can be taken with or without food.
- Make sure to take carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- Your current carbidopa-levodopa dose
- How you respond to carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone (especially if you develop bothersome side effects)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.