- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth usually three or four times a day.
- Alternatively, Lioresal can be given through a pump directly into the spinal cord. This method is reserved for severe cases of spasticity.
- You can take your dose with food or on an empty stomach.
- Make sure to take this medication at the same times each day to keep an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Dosing InformationThe dose of Lioresal your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- How you respond to Lioresal
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Lioresal Dosage for more information.)