What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider Before Taking Levetiracetam?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Anemia or any other blood disorder
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Keppra and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Keppra and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you take, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Levetiracetam to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)