- Lacosamide comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- Lacosamide also comes in an injection form that can be administered intravenously (by IV) for use in short-term situations when oral medications cannot be taken.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Lacosamide will not work if you stop taking it.
- As with other seizure medications, do not stop taking lacosamide without your healthcare provider's approval.
(Click Generic Vimpat for more information.)
- Lacosamide 50 mg
- Lacosamide 100 mg
- Lacosamide 150 mg
- Lacosamide 200 mg.
Lacosamide 200 mg per 20 mL injection (for use in an IV) is also available.