Precautions and Warnings With Fingolimod
Let your healthcare provider know if you have any medical issues, such as problems with your heart, liver, or eyes, before taking fingolimod. Precautions and warnings with this drug also apply to women who are pregnant or nursing. Also, some people should avoid this prescription medication altogether, including those who are taking certain medications or who have certain allergies.
Interested in a Discount on Fingolimod?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
- A slow heart rate
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), including conditions known as QT prolongation, heart block, or sick sinus syndrome
- Had a stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or heart attack in the past six months
- Had to be hospitalized for heart failure in the past six months
- Heart problems, such as heart failure or chest pain (angina)
- Never had chickenpox or the chickenpox vaccine
- A history of fainting
- Eye problems, especially an inflammation of the eye called uveitis
- Breathing problems
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A weak immune system
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.