Interested in a Discount on Fingolimod?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this drug if you have:
- A slow heart rate
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), including conditions known as QT prolongation, heart block, or sick sinus syndrome
- Had a stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA or "mini-stroke"), or heart attack in the past six months
- Had to be hospitalized for heart failure in the past six months
- Heart problems, such as heart failure or angina (chest pain)
- Never had chickenpox or the chickenpox vaccine
- A history of fainting
- Eye problems, especially an inflammation of the eye called uveitis
- Breathing problems
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- A weak immune system
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Gilenya and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Gilenya and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Fingolimod to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
There is only one standard recommended dosage for this medication, regardless of your age or weight. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Fingolimod Dosage for more information.)