When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with felbamate include the following:
- Felbamate comes in tablet and liquid form. It is usually taken by mouth three or four times a day.
- Shake the liquid well before taking it.
- Felbamate can be taken with or without food. Try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.
Storage InformationFelbamate should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
Is There a Generic Felbamate?This medication is available in generic form (see Generic Felbatol for more information).
- Felbamate 400 mg tablets
- Felbamate 600 mg tablets
- Felbamate 600 mg per 5 mL oral suspension.