Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Anemia or other blood disorders
- Liver disease, such as cirrhosis, liver failure, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Felbatol and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Felbatol and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about any other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Felbamate to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
Dosing Information for FelbamateThe dose of felbamate your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors including:
- How well your kidneys function
- Your age
- Weight (for children)
- Other medications you are taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically tells you to do so.
(Click Felbamate Dosage for more information.)