Extended-Release Lamotrigine Dosage
General Information on Your Extended-Release Lamotrigine DosageSome considerations to keep in mind when taking extended-release lamotrigine include the following:
- Extended-release lamotrigine comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth just once a day.
- This medication can be taken with or without food.
- The tablets must be swallowed whole; do not cut, crush, or chew them. Do not take any tablets that have been damaged in any way.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Extended-release lamotrigine will not work if you stop taking it.
- As with other seizure medications, do not stop taking extended-release lamotrigine without your healthcare provider's approval.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or extended-release lamotrigine dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.