Ethotoin Side Effects
There is limited information available on the possible side effects of ethotoin, as this is an older medication that has not been extensively studied in clinical trials. However, this drug may cause problems, such as diarrhea, fatigue, and double vision. Potentially serious reactions may also occur and can include chest pain, unexplained bruising, or suicidal thoughts.
Interested in a Discount on Ethotoin?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Just like any medicine, ethotoin (Peganone®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the drug will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with ethotoin. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Some side effects of ethotoin are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Chest pain
- Swollen or tender lymph nodes
- Unexplained bruising or bleeding, which can be a sign of blood problems
- A sore throat, especially if combined with a general ill feeling (this can be a sign of blood problems)
- Signs of liver damage, such as yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Lupus symptoms, such as:
- A rash on your cheeks
- Sensitivity to the sun
- New joint or muscle pains
- Chest pain or shortness of breath
- Swelling of your feet, ankles, or legs
- Thoughts of suicide (see Seizure Medications and Suicide)
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.