Considerations for people taking entacapone include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth along with each dose of carbidopa-levodopa.
- You can take entacapone with or without food.
- Make sure to take entacapone at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Entacapone will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to entacapone or your entacapone dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.