When and How to Take ItSome general considerations for when and how to take this drug include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth twice a day, at breakfast and lunch.
- You can take Eldepryl with food or on an empty stomach. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking your doses with food.
- Make sure to take Eldepryl at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medicine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Eldepryl will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Dosing Information for EldeprylThere is only one standard dose of Eldepryl for treating Parkinson's disease. As is always the case, do not adjust this amount unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Eldepryl Dosage for more information.)
Side EffectsJust like any medicine, Eldepryl can cause side effects. Although some side effects may be merely bothersome, some are quite serious or intolerable. These reactions often limit the usefulness of Eldepryl.
Common side effects include but are not limited to:
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, or fainting
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain).
(Click Eldepryl Side Effects to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report immediately to your healthcare provider.)