The recommended starting Eldepryl dosage for treating Parkinson's disease is 5 mg twice daily, at breakfast and lunch. This standard dosage is only approved for use in combination with carbidopa-levodopa medications. However, you may need to use a lower carbidopa-levodopa dosage when using it with Eldepryl. Do not suddenly stop taking Eldepryl without first talking to your healthcare provider.
Interested in a Discount on Eldepryl?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
There is only one standard recommended dosage of Eldepryl® (selegiline hydrochloride) for Parkinson's disease treatment. As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting Eldepryl dosage for Parkinson's disease is Eldepryl 5 mg twice daily, at breakfast and lunch.
Eldepryl is only approved for use in combination with carbidopa-levodopa medications, such as Sinemet®, Sinemet® CR, or Parcopa®. Many people will need to use a lower carbidopa-levodopa dosage (especially if side effects occur). Your healthcare provider will determine when (and if) you need to lower your carbidopa-levodopa dosage.
Some considerations for people taking Eldepryl include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule form. It is taken by mouth twice a day, at breakfast and lunch.
- You can take Eldepryl with food or on an empty stomach. If it seems to bother your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Make sure to take Eldepryl at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Eldepryl will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Eldepryl dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.