Drug Interactions With Diazepam Rectal Gel
Some of the medications that can lead to drug interactions with diazepam rectal gel include anesthetics, antidepressants, and antipsychotic medications. These interactions can lead to an increased risk of side effects, such as drowsiness, confusion, memory problems, and difficulty breathing. To avoid these complications, be sure to talk with your pharmacist or healthcare provider about the drug interactions with diazepam rectal gel that may apply to you.
Interested in a Discount on Diazepam Rectal Gel?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Diazepam rectal gel (Diastat®) can potentially interact with other medications. Some of the medicines that may lead to drug interactions with diazepam rectal gel include:
- Aripiprazole (Abilify®)
- Asenapine (Saphris®)
- Chlorpromazine (Thorazine®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®, FazaClo®)
- Fluphenazine (Prolixin®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Iloperidone (Fanapt®)
- Loxapine (Adasuve™, Loxitane®)
- Lurasidone (Latuda®)
- Molindone (Moban®)
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa®, Symbyax®)
- Paliperidone (Invega®)
- Perphenazine (Trilafon®)
- Pimozide (Orap®)
- Prochlorperazine (Compazine®, Compro®)
- Quetiapine (Seroquel®)
- Risperidone (Risperdal®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril®)
- Thiothixene (Navane®)
- Trifluoperazine (Stelazine®)
- Ziprasidone (Geodon®)
- Barbiturates, including:
- Amobarbital (Amytal®)
- Butalbital (Fioricet®, Fiorinal®)
- Pentobarbital (Nembutal®)
- Phenobarbital (Luminal®)
- Secobarbital (Seconal®)
- Narcotics or opiates, such as morphine, oxycodone (OxyContin®), or hydrocodone (Lortab®, Vicodin®)
- Other benzodiazepines, including:
- Other seizure medications
- Sleep medications.