Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using this medication if you have:
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis or cirrhosis, or have a history of liver disease
- Heart disease
- Lung disease, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Frequent or prolonged sun exposure
- A seizure disorder (epilepsy)
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Dantrium and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Dantrium and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all of the medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Dantrolene to learn more, including information on who should not use the drug.)