General Information on Using DantroleneSome considerations to keep in mind during treatment with dantrolene include the following:
- This medication comes in the form of a capsule and an injection. The capsule is usually taken by mouth three to four times a day. The injection is given through a needle into a vein (an intravenous, or IV, injection).
- Dantrolene can generally be taken with or without food; however, try taking it with food if it seems to bother your stomach. Your healthcare provider may recommend that you take your dose without food if you are using it prior to surgery.
- Try to take your doses at about the same time each day to keep an even level of the medication in your bloodstream.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be used as prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or dantrolene dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider or pharmacist.