When and How to Take This MedicineSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with clobazam include the following:
- Clobazam comes in tablet and oral suspension (liquid) form. It is usually taken by mouth twice a day, although the lowest dose can be taken just once a day.
- You may take this medication with or without food.
- For the liquid version, make sure to shake the bottle well before each dose. The bottle will come with an adaptor and two oral syringes. Keep the adaptor on the bottle once it is in place (the cap will fit over the adaptor). Squirt the liquid into a corner of the child's mouth.
- The tablets may be broken in half or crushed, if necessary. The best way to take a crushed tablet is to mix it with applesauce and consume it right away.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Clobazam will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the medication suddenly, as doing so can be dangerous.
Is There a Generic Version?This medicine is not available in generic form (see Generic Onfi).
- Clobazam 5 mg
- Clobazam 10 mg
- Clobazam 20 mg.
Clobazam liquid comes in one strength: clobazam 2.5 mg per mL oral suspension. It is a white, berry-flavored liquid.