Interested in a Discount on Carbidopa-Levodopa?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Considerations for people taking carbidopa-levodopa include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth usually three or four times a day.
- The protein in food can decrease the absorption of carbidopa-levodopa into the body. Some healthcare providers recommended taking the drug on an empty stomach or with a low-protein diet.
- Make sure to take carbidopa-levodopa at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Carbidopa-levodopa will not work if you stop taking it. Do not stop taking the drug suddenly without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your carbidopa-levodopa dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.