Drug Interactions With Biperiden
Several medicines may cause negative drug interactions with biperiden, including tricyclic antidepressants, anticholinergics, and antipsychotic medications. These interactions can increase or decrease drug levels in your blood, which could either increase your risk for side effects or decrease the effectiveness of the medicines. If biperiden drug interactions are a concern, make sure to talk to your healthcare provider before starting any other medications.
Interested in a Discount on Biperiden?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Biperiden hydrochloride (Akineton®) can potentially interact with several different medications. Some of the medicines that may lead to drug interactions with biperiden include:
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, such as:
- Anticholinergic drugs, such as:
- Belladonna (Donnatal®, B&O Supprettes®, Bellamine S®)
- Benztropine (Cogentin®)
- Clidinium (Librax®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Darifenacin (Enablex®)
- Dicyclomine (Bentyl®)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®, Tylenol PM®)
- Glycopyrrolate (Robinul®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Homatropine (Hycodan®)
- Hyoscyamine (Levsin®)
- Ipratropium (Atrovent®)
- Oxybutynin (Ditropan®, Ditropan XL®, Oxytrol®)
- Procyclidine (Kemadrin®)
- Solifenacin (VESIcare®)
- Scopolamine (Transderm Scop®)
- Tiotropium (Spiriva®)
- Tolterodine (Detrol®, Detrol® LA)
- Trihexyphenidyl (Artane®)
- Trospium (Sanctura®, Sanctura® XR)