Drug Interactions With Benztropine
Many medications can potentially cause drug interactions with benztropine, including certain anticholinergic medications, antipsychotics, and tricyclic antidepressants. Some of these interactions could increase your risk of side effects or decrease the effectiveness of the medications. Because drug interactions with benztropine can cause problems, check with your healthcare provider before taking any medication with benztropine.
Interested in a Discount on Benztropine?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
Benztropine mesylate (Cogentin®) can potentially interact with several different medications. Some of the medicines that may lead to benztropine drug interactions include:
- Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor medications, including:
- Anticholinergic drugs, such as:
- Belladonna (Donnatal®, B&O Supprettes®, Bellamine S®)
- Clidinium (Librax®)
- Clozapine (Clozaril®)
- Darifenacin (Enablex®)
- Dicyclomine (Bentyl®)
- Diphenhydramine (Benadryl®, Tylenol PM®)
- Glycopyrrolate (Robinul®)
- Haloperidol (Haldol®)
- Homatropine (Hycodan®)
- Hyoscyamine (Levsin®)
- Ipratropium (Atrovent®)
- Oxybutynin (Ditropan®, Ditropan XL®, Oxytrol®)
- Solifenacin (VESIcare®)
- Scopolamine (Transderm Scop®)
- Tiotropium (Spiriva®)
- Tolterodine (Detrol®, Detrol® LA)
- Trihexyphenidyl (Artane®)
- Trospium (Sanctura®, Sanctura® XR)