Interested in a Discount on Benztropine?
Enter your email address to see if eMedTV's free DiscountRx service has a program that could help you save on your prescription(s).
Enter Your Email Address
Thank you!Thank you for your interest in DiscountRx from eMedTV. An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the link within that email to see what offers may be available.
The usual starting benztropine dosage for treating Parkinson's disease is benztropine 0.5 mg to 1 mg at bedtime. If necessary, your healthcare provider may gradually increase your dose (by increments of 0.5 mg every five or six days), up to a maximum of 6 mg total per day. Some people find it more beneficial to take the entire daily dose as a single bedtime dose, while others find it works better to take several smaller doses per day.
Some considerations for people taking benztropine include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times daily. It is also available in an injectable form for certain situations.
- If you take benztropine just once a day, it is usually recommended to take it at bedtime.
- You can take benztropine with food or on an empty stomach.
- Make sure to take benztropine at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Benztropine will not work if you stop taking it. Do not suddenly stop taking the drug without first talking to your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your benztropine dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.